NON-PROFIT SOCIAL MEDIA
Internship and Volunteer Opportunity
Starlight Children’s Foundation is looking for a dynamic social media intern to volunteer to support our mission of bringing happiness to sick kids. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the LA-based public relations team of a leading children’s charity to gain valuable non-profit knowledge, learn more about social media trends, tools, account management, fundraising and awareness campaigns and to be a part of a fun team of PR professionals committed to social good.
• Draft, schedule and curate visual and written content for Starlight social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
• Support the Senior Director, Web Projects & Graphic Design Manager, and Blogger & Social Media Coordinator with general research and writing projects.
• Assist with implementation of Starlight’s public relations goals.
• Organizing Starlight’s communications contacts and marketing assets.
• Overall support of the Public Relations team.
Desired skills and competencies
We are looking for someone who is creative, organized and responsible. Specifically, you would possess:
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Interest in traditional and social media.
• Interest in marketing, public relations and/or communications for non-profits.
1. A cover letter outlining your interest and experience specific to this position
2. A current resume
The title of the position must appear in the subject line of the email.
Starlight interns and volunteers are asked to make a three to six-month commitment (semester or quarter cycle) at 10 - 15 hours per week. The opportunity is unpaid. For current students, we will sign paperwork/participate in any activities required to receive college credit for their work. Parking or mass transit fare is reimbursed.
About Starlight Children's Foundation
Starlight brings happiness to critically, chronically and terminally ill children. We believe that every child deserves to experience the excitement, wonder and joy of childhood – because a sick kid is still a kid at heart. Starlight offers programs that provide entertainment, education and innovative technology to hospitalized children and their families. Founded in 1982, Starlight is an award-winning 501(c)3 nonprofit that supports children and families in the US, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Starlight Children's Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization.
© 2016 Starlight Children's Foundation, all rights reserved. Starlight Children's Foundation®, Starlight®, Fun Center®, Dream Halloween® and the Starlight logo are registered trademarks of Starlight Children's Foundation.