Starlight Children’s Foundation creates moments of joy and comfort for hospitalized children and their families. For 35 years, Starlight’s groundbreaking programs have positively impacted more than 60 million critically, chronically and terminally ill and hospitalized children in the US, Canada, Australia and the UK. This is a period of exciting growth for Starlight and we’re looking for smart, driven and passionate professionals who will help us advance our mission.
As a member of Communications & PR team at Starlight, the Communications Manager is responsible for managing all daily communications, marketing collateral and ambassador relations, as well as supporting partner engagement for Starlight Children’s Foundation. The role of this leadership position is to, 1.) ensure the efficiency of daily, tactical operations within the Communications & PR team and across the organization, 2.) increase visibility across various, primarily digital communications channels for Starlight’s mission and program impact, and 3.) support campaigns and initiatives for new and existing Starlight partners and ambassadors.
- Position Starlight for success by ensuring the quality, consistency and integrity of the organization’s communications, marketing collateral and partner and ambassador engagement tools and activities.
- Develop and implement the organization’s communications calendar and marketing initiatives.
- Serve as managing editor of Starlight.org to develop and execute strategic online communications; supervise relationships with website vendors and related entities.
- Manage the Starlight ambassador program to cultivate new high-profile actors, athletes, musicians and social influencers and grow existing relationships.
- Work with Starlight staff to develop and create and execute marketing collateral with and for new and existing partners and ambassadors.
- Develop and coordinate scripts, shot lists and production requirements for video and photo shoots.
- Identify and supervise relationships with relevant vendor partners and resources to develop scopes of work and budget needs, incorporating dependencies and needs of all stakeholders, e.g., printed materials, promotional items, photography, video production, etc.
- Recruit, hire and manage Starlight Communications & PR team volunteers and interns.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal team and external resources to ensure the work reflects the high standards of our organization.
- Present and explain concepts, answer questions, communicate changes to the team.
- Communicate any roadblocks, issues or changes of schedule to team leadership.
- Perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing
- 5+ years of related experience in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing
- Extremely well-organized with experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be able to successfully work under pressure with tight deadlines and minimal supervision
- Familiar with both PC and Mac operating systems
- Good presentation and public speaking skills required
- Outstanding work ethic and a motivated, results-oriented, innovative style
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute and be results and deadline oriented
- Exceptional communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working in small groups and across teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously of varying size and scope
- Meet deadlines
- Spanish-language skills a plus
- Ability to travel up 15%, and occasional weekend work required
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ONLINE OR EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ONLY. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To be considered, you must submit through the form below or apply via email to [email protected] with “YOUR NAME: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER” in the subject line, and please include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Starlight is an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a top four-star rating by Charity Navigator for its excellent fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Starlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community.