Starlight Children’s Foundation is committed to delivering happiness to seriously ill children and their families. For 35 years, Starlight’s groundbreaking programs have positively impacted more than 60 million critically, chronically and terminally ill and hospitalized children in the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK. This is a period of exciting growth for Starlight and we’re looking for smart, driven, passionate professionals that will help advance our mission.
We are looking for an experienced Copywriter to join our Marketing & Communications team. This position will be responsible for developing and writing engaging content across a range of channels and audiences, and ensuring that all content is on-brand, current, effective, and inspirational.
Success in this role will require testing and analysis of content performance as well as a detailed understanding of our programs, partners, beneficiaries, and our organizational marketing strategy.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be highly creative and curious about our programs, partners, donors, the pediatric healthcare space, and above all, the children and families we support
- Responsible for writing and developing high quality copy (clear, concise, grammatically correct, and inspirational) for all marketing products and initiatives including campaigns, decks, one sheets, etc.
- Monitor effectiveness of marketing campaigns and align content creation with audience engagement trends
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various audiences/industries
- Engage and communicate daily with all departments to ensure content needs are met
- Develop systems and processes for managing copy
- Edit copy for message clarity, flow, consistency, grammar, brand voice, and tone
- Ability to work autonomously on content assignments, often with tight deadlines
- Clearly communicate ideas to leadership with a distinct point of view
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience writing and editing copy preferred
- Proactive self-starter and able to work independently in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment
- Strong writer with excellent written and verbal communication skills and superb attention to detail
- The ability to quickly research a topic and produce relevant content while maintaining goals and meeting guidelines
- Invested in creating performance-driven messaging with a desire to understand data behind that performance and iterate on copy based on its performance
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
EMAIL OR LINKEDIN SUBMISSIONS ONLY. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To be considered via email, you must submit to [email protected] with “YOUR NAME: COPYWRITER” in the subject line, and please include your resume and salary requirements.
Starlight is an award-wining 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a top four-star rating by Charity Navigator for its excellent fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Starlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community.