Director, Partnership Development
Starlight Children’s Foundation creates moments of joy and comfort for hospitalized children and their families. For 35 years, Starlight’s groundbreaking programs have positively impacted more than 60 million critically, chronically and terminally ill and hospitalized children in the US, Canada, Australia and the UK. This is a period of exciting growth for Starlight and we’re looking for smart, driven, passionate professionals that will help advance our mission.
We are seeking a passionate and aggressive Director, Partner Development who is not afraid of a challenge, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and work ethic, excels in a high-performing and results-oriented environment, enthusiastically aims to meet or beat annual goals in excess of $1M, embraces collaboration, and is a skilled, effective and efficient communicator who works well with others, to join a team laser-focused on advancing Starlight’s mission.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify and lead business partnership development efforts and work with organization leadership to secure new national corporate partnerships and strategic alliances for Starlight Children’s Foundation.
- Conduct market analysis to identify new verticals, partner organizations and workplace/employee engagement opportunities.
- Independently and proactively manage the partnership development process for assigned prospects, from identification through cultivation and deal closure.
- Create and drive lead generation processes in conjunction with the Starlight leadership team and be accountable for the growth of the prospect pipeline of qualified opportunities.
- Propose and develop new and updated offerings to drive incremental growth for the organization. Work collaboratively with Partnership leadership and across the organization to conceptualize and develop new giving programs.
- Assist in the development of standard partnership development materials and presentations for use in partnership presentations and proposals.
- Complete and maintain competitive analysis and industry mapping to identify and prioritize new prospects for Starlight for both national and local programs.
- Create and manage new business opportunity reporting requirements including full utilization of Salesforce CRM to optimize prospecting and forecasting planning.
- Maintain accurate and updated records of all sales related activities, including but not limited to; contact information, funnel/pipeline data, revenue forecasts, and activity data.
- Manage periodic reporting including board updates and other corporate requirements.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to create and execute partnership contractual agreements.
- Assist in the hand-off at the appropriate time to Partnership managers.
- Strong commitment to Starlight’s mission to bring joy and comfort to hospitalized children and families
- At least 5-7 years of experience in partnerships, cause marketing, sales/business development or similar positions, with an established track record of success and increasing levels of responsibility.
- Must have experience in closing high-value partnerships/sales programs and success exceeding quotas of $1 million annually.
- Experience cultivating and managing a sales pipeline within Salesforce.
- Big picture strategist and creative thinker.
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning, proposal development and in the identification, solicitation and closing of partnerships and business deals.
- Aptitude for developing strategic, proactive relationships with potential sponsors and corporate partners, and other supporters of the philanthropic community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in corporate and foundation funding, corporate social responsibility (CSR), philanthropy, corporate giving, corporate citizenship, and the methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about cause-marketing programs of corporations and foundations.
- Superb networking, teamwork, negotiation, and interpersonal/diplomatic skills with the ability to work effectively with all stakeholders to achieve a common goal.
- Excellent communication and writing skills: ability to articulate Starlight’s mission, program objectives, opportunities and needs persuasively to sponsors and corporate partners.
- High level of proficiency with Google Drive/Docs, MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel, able to learn customized software quickly, experience with Salesforce or another CRM a plus.
- 10-25% Travel – Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ONLINE OR EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ONLY. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To be considered, you must submit through the form below or apply via email to [email protected] with “YOUR NAME: NEW PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT” in the subject line, and please include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Starlight is an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a top four-star rating by Charity Navigator for its excellent fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Starlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community.