Graphic Design Intern
Starlight Children’s Foundation seeks an enthusiastic Graphic Design Intern to support and assist the Communications & PR Department in their graphic design and art direction efforts. The Graphic Design intern will report to the Art Director and will assist with the development and design of core Starlight graphics, logos, collateral, event materials and a variety of other creative tasks as assigned across a variety of channels, including print, digital, web and video.
• Assist in updating Starlight’s brand guidelines and other related style guides • Organize creative assets across Box and Dropbox • Help to source and vet local printing vendors • Help to organize creative project workflow • Assist with creating Starlight branded business material • Support team members to ensure the work reflects the high standards of the organization • Assist with collateral updates and version control • Other creative projects as assigned
• Solid creative portfolio that demonstrates creative thinking and technical skills
• Proficiency in both MAC and PC environments
• Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Writing and proofing skills
• Excellent administrative and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently to complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
• Organized, dependable and detail-oriented
• Team player
• Quick Learner and efficient
• High sense of urgency
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Knowledge of video editing software
• Experience in designing for social media
• UI/UX experience
Starlight interns are asked to make a 3-6 month commitment (semester or quarter cycle) at 15-20 hours per week. The position is located at Starlight’s headquarters in Culver City, CA. The position is unpaid, however, we will sign paperwork / participate in any activities required for interns to receive college credit for their work. Parking and/or public transportation is reimbursed.
ONLINE OR EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ONLY. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To be considered, you must submit through the form below or apply via email to [email protected] with “YOUR NAME: GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN” in the subject line, and please include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Starlight is an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a top four-star rating by Charity Navigator for its excellent fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency. Starlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community.