Starlight Children’s Foundation creates moments of joy and comfort for hospitalized children and their families. For 35 years, Starlight’s programs have positively impacted more than 60 million critically, chronically and terminally ill and hospitalized children in the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK. In the midst of rapid growth for our organization, Starlight is seeking an individual who is capable of bringing our branding and visual identity to life in exciting ways for our world-class programs and partners.
Starlight is hiring a full-time, onsite, and experienced Graphic Designer to join the Marketing & Communications department in our Culver City, Calif., headquarters. This person will work collaboratively to fulfill a variety of departmental and organizational design needs including the conception, creation, and optimization of visual assets and materials to support our program, fundraising, and marketing goals. The ideal candidate is a creative and computer savvy graphical artist who is highly motivated and works well as part of a team. The Graphic Designer will report to the SVP, Marketing & Communications.
The job duties of the Graphic Designer include, but are not limited to the following:
- Successfully lead and execute all aspects of graphic and visual design in support of organizational needs, programs, special events, marketing campaigns, social media and other initiatives across all departments and channels (print, digital, etc.).
- Collaborate with external and internal teams to create and realize cohesive and compelling designs that reflect and advance our culture and organizational goals.
- Own, maintain and refresh the organization’s Brand & Style Guidelines to ensure the consistent application of the brand’s visual identity across all internal and external materials.
- Create and apply, or supervise the application of, designs to branded program equipment and apparel, such as Starlight Gowns, etc.
- Manage a workload of 5+ simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment while meeting deadlines.
- Stay current with the latest design trends and technology.
- At least 5+ years of professional experience designing campaigns, digital and print products, websites, mobile, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Marketing or related discipline.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, specifically with mockups, web design, and multimedia presentation.
- Adaptive design and skill.
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating solid traditional and digital design experience — including a strong understanding of color theory, typography, composition, and photo retouching.
- Apparel design a plus.
- Experience in creating and optimizing UX centered design.
- Solid understanding of current digital marketing best practices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills, collaborative, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
- Ability to solve problems on both an analytical and tactical level.
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and partners.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ONLY. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To be considered, you must submit via email to [email protected] with “YOUR NAME: VISUAL DESIGNER” in the subject line, and please include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Starlight is an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a top four-star rating by Charity Navigator for its excellent fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Starlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community.