Starlight Children’s Foundation creates moments of joy and comfort for hospitalized children and their families. For 35 years, Starlight’s groundbreaking programs have positively impacted more than 60 million critically, chronically and terminally ill and hospitalized children in the U.S., Canada, Australia and the U.K. This is a period of exciting growth for Starlight and we’re looking for smart, driven, passionate professionals that will help advance our mission.
Reporting to the Partnerships & Operations Manager, the Operations Assistant is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day functions of the office and the overall effectiveness of the organization. In this role, (s)he will, 1) provide support to the organization’s general administrative needs, 2) manage supply inventory and equipment maintenance and 3) represent Starlight as the main point of contact for visitors, guests and email/phone inquiries.
- Greet and welcome guests and assist in organizing, arranging and coordinating in-office meetings
- Manages parking requirements, including ordering & tracking parking cards and validations.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming calls and general email correspondence
- Manage supplies ordering and inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipates needed supplies, place orders for supplies and verifies receipt of same.,
- Ensures operation of office equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; placing repair calls, maintain equipment supplies and evaluating new equipment as required.
- Coordinate the opening of income mail and distribute outgoing mail and deliveries, including priority and in-office program distribution
- Assist in onboarding new staff members, interns, and volunteers through training in administrative procedures.
- Prepare daily money logs
- Support the CEO and other members of the leadership team with various tasks and responsibilities
- Support the overall well-being of the office and staff (including remote employees) in support of the Starlight mission
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus one to two years of experience in a non-profit or related environment
- 1-2 year’s relevant experience in a similar field, with a strong track record of success.
- Associate’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or similar field
- Exceptional organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills – looking for a team player with a positive, proactive, welcoming style, a “can do” spirit
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal. Needs to prioritize communication of information to key players & be professional in tone
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Must be able to consistently meet deadlines
- Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
- Highly skilled in project management
- Passion for Starlight’s mission
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ONLINE OR EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ONLY. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To be considered, you must submit through the form below or apply via email to [email protected] with “YOUR NAME: OPERATIONS ASSISTANT” in the subject line, and please include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Starlight is an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a top four-star rating by Charity Navigator for its excellent fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Starlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community.