Starlight Children’s Foundation creates moments of joy and comfort for hospitalized children and their families. For 35 years, Starlight’s groundbreaking programs have positively impacted more than 60 million critically, chronically and terminally ill and hospitalized children in the U.S., Canada, Australia and the U.K. This is a period of exciting growth for Starlight and we’re looking for smart, driven, passionate professionals that will help advance our mission.
The Partnerships Associate will play a key role in supporting and managing the activities of the partnerships team, ensuring the continued success and growth of Starlight’s robust corporate partnerships. In this role, s/he will, 1) provide support across our broad base of current Starlight partners, 2) raise awareness for Starlight by assisting in the management and coordination of events and, 3) other activities related to seeking new corporate partners.
- Co-lead in the coordination of events at hospitals and other locations from start to finish per specific, sometimes varying needs, requirements, stakeholders, target audiences and objectives
- Support in managing portfolios of major corporate and corporate foundation partnerships
- Assist in developing marketing and pitch approaches that can be leveraged across all partner activity, including new business activities
- Assist the SVP of Partnerships and Director of Partnerships in all aspects of the corporate partnership process, including account and industry research, proposal preparation and submission, presentation, preparation of marketing assets, account monitoring, partner communications, follow-up, and reporting
- Support a high-performing partnerships team to ensure that partnership goals are being achieved through dynamic campaign initiatives and events
- Build partner relationships through creative problem solving and ensuring meticulous service and support
- Stay abreast of Starlight’s programs and activities, as well as pediatric hospital trends to engage funders in programmatic work
- 2-5 year’s relevant experience in a similar field, with a strong track record of success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or similar field
- Exceptional organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills – looking for a team player with a positive, proactive, welcoming style, a “can do” spirit
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal. Needs to prioritize communication of information to key players & be professional in tone
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Must be able to consistently meet deadlines
- Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
- Highly skilled in project management
- Passion for the Starlight mission
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ONLINE OR EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ONLY. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To be considered, you must submit through the form below or apply via email to [email protected] with “YOUR NAME: PARTNERSHIPS ASSOCIATE” in the subject line, and please include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Starlight is an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a top four-star rating by Charity Navigator for its excellent fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Starlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community.