Starlight Children’s Foundation creates moments of joy and comfort for hospitalized children and their families. For 35 years, Starlight’s groundbreaking programs have positively impacted more than 60 million critically, chronically and terminally ill and hospitalized children in the U.S., Canada, Australia and the UK. This is a period of exciting growth for Starlight and we’re looking for smart, driven, passionate professionals that will help advance our mission.
As the Programs Coordinator, our newest integral team member, you will work to assist the Programs Director, Manager, and Vice President with necessary tasks and responsibilities to ensure Starlight Programs are delivered to our hospital partner network in a timely and organized manner. The main role of the Programs Coordinator is to provide overall department support and assist with the delivery of each program, with an expert focus on our Starlight Special Deliveries program. This position is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast-paced, high impact non-profit setting and to build skills related to program coordination, planning, distribution, fulfillment and evaluation.
The job duties of the Programs Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Programs – Process orders for all gift-in-kind items for Starlight Special Deliveries; work with warehouse and fulfillment partner in Omaha, Nebraska to ensure efficient shipments; maintain accurate program placement records and provide necessary reports to colleagues to best demonstrate programmatic reach and impact
- Hospital Relations – Perform outreach and provide exceptional support to Starlight’s hospital partners and external constituents; oversee communications for applicable contact submission forms; provide assistance to hospital partner representatives to help them optimize their Starlight Account needed to access our 360-degree fulfillment platform
- Data Entry – Manage all hospital partner records and ensure information is accurate and up-to-date; oversee the data cleanup in preparation for migration to new a database and e-commerce platform
- Administration – Assist the Programs Manager and Director in the execution of all program dedication events and visits; understand and honor organizational protocols and confidentiality; attend Starlight staff meetings and other team events
- Strong commitment to Starlight’s mission to bring joy and comfort to hospitalized children and families
- Bachelor’s degree plus one to two years of experience in a non-profit or related environment
- Computer proficient: has knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, familiar with various CRM systems, ability to maintain database organization
- Organizational focus: displays an outstanding work ethic, motivation, and brings a results-oriented, innovative style and attitude, while remaining focused on excellent project management
- Maintains flexibility: brings careful thought and attention to time-sensitive needs, prioritizes projects and communications with team members accurately and can move quickly when needs and projects are subject to much revision
- Adept communication skills: demonstrates a proven ability to leverage resources and execute on verbal and written communications with strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Knowledge and understanding of e-commerce sites such as Magento
- Understanding and assisting in data migrations
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ONLINE OR EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ONLY. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To be considered, you must submit through the form below or apply via email to [email protected] with “YOUR NAME: PROGRAMS COORDINATOR” in the subject line, and please include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Starlight is an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a top four-star rating by Charity Navigator for its excellent fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Starlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community.