Starlight Children’s Foundation creates moments of joy and comfort for hospitalized children and their families. For 35 years, Starlight’s groundbreaking programs have positively impacted more than 60 million critically, chronically and terminally ill and hospitalized children in the U.S., Canada, Australia and the UK. This is a period of exciting growth for Starlight and we’re looking for smart, driven, passionate professionals that will help advance our mission.
As the Programs Coordinator, our newest integral team member will work closely with the Programs Team to ensure key Starlight programs are delivered to our hospital partner network to further serve ill and injured children across the country. The main responsibility of this position is to support and assist in the delivery of each program seamlessly, with an expert focus on our Starlight Special Delivery program, while maintaining and improving program data management. Our Starlight Special Delivery Program brings toys, arts and crafts, and books from our corporate partners to our hospital network through a 360-degree distribution platform. By aiding and executing the delivery of this program, and all others, the position will: 1) provide support across our broad base of 800+ current Starlight hospital partners, and 2) maintain accurate records and file management to support all aspects of effective program distribution.
- Perform outreach and provide exceptional support to Starlight’s hospital partners and external constituents to ensure Starlight’s programs are making the greatest impact on hospitalized children
- Enter and maintain accurate records related to all gift-in-kind orders placed and proprietary programs requested by hospital partners, specifically Starlight Special Deliveries in Starlight’s program database
- Establish and maintain the delivery of donated products to our hospital partners, by overseeing the relationship with Starlight’s warehouse and fulfillment partner in Omaha, Nebraska
- Manage all hospital partner records and ensure information is accurate and up-to-date as we strive to maintain deep relationships with our hospital partners, including management of the data cleanup in preparation for migration to the new database and e-commerce platform
- Assist the Programs Manager and Director in the execution of all dedication events and visits with our corporate partners and celebrity ambassadors, related to our programming to create key moments of joy for the patients and donors, alike, at Starlight hospital partners when appropriate
- Create, maintain and review monthly program reports and program data in Salesforce and Magento to help the create a complete picture for our staff and board regarding our programmatic reach and impact
- Understand and honor organizational protocols and confidentiality, while bringing a fresh perspective to our team in aims of creating a more effective and efficient work environment
- Stay abreast of Starlight’s programs and activities, as well as pediatric hospital trends to engage funders in programmatic work and demonstrate strong knowledge basis to better market Starlight to hospital partners and potential partners
- Assume additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree plus one to two years of experience in a non-profit or related environment
- Computer proficient: has knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, familiar with various CRM systems, ability to maintain database organization
- Organizational focus: displays an outstanding work ethic, motivation, and brings a results-oriented, innovative style and attitude, while remaining focused on excellent project management
- Maintains flexibility: brings careful thought and attention to time-sensitive needs, prioritizes projects and communications with team members accurately and can move quickly when needs and projects are subject to much revision
- Adept communication skills: demonstrates a proven ability to leverage resources and execute verbal and written communications with strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Strong commitment to Starlight’s mission to bring joy and comfort to hospitalized children and families
- Knowledge and understanding of e-commerce sites such as Magento
- Understanding and assisting in data migrations
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ONLINE OR EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ONLY. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To be considered, you must submit through the form below or apply via email to [email protected] with “YOUR NAME: PROGRAMS COORDINATOR” in the subject line, and please include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Starlight is an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a top four-star rating by Charity Navigator for its excellent fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Starlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community.