Public Relations Coordinator
Starlight Children’s Foundation is committed to delivering happiness to seriously ill children and their families. For 35 years, Starlight’s groundbreaking programs have positively impacted more than 60 million critically, chronically and terminally ill and hospitalized children in the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK. This is a period of exciting growth for Starlight and we’re looking for smart, driven, passionate professionals that will help advance our mission.
We are looking for a promising Public Relations Coordinator to join our Marketing & Communications team. This position will help drive effective press and media relations, including outreach, engagement, and tracking, and will be instrumental in the development and smooth execution of our organizational PR plans and strategies.
Success in this role will require hard work, ambition, attention to detail, a passion for media, entertainment, and philanthropy.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain calendars (editorial, conferences, events, etc.) and media lists
- Participate in brainstorming and planning sessions
- Conduct research to support effective PR planning and execution
- Draft and distribute press releases
- Tracking and report media coverage and PR metrics
- Assist in organizing and executing events, campaigns, etc.
- Support relations with influencers, key stakeholders, media, event vendors, etc.
- Support departmental administrative and clerical duties
- Bachelors’ degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or relevant field
- Proven experience as PR assistant or similar position
- Understanding of PR and marketing concepts and practices
- Interest in following industry trends and current methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Docs
- Working knowledge of databases (e.g. Cision, Asana, etc.); design software (e.g. Photoshop) is a plus
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proactive self-starter and able to work independently in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- An analytical mind with attention to detail
- Outgoing and confident
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
EMAIL OR LINKEDIN SUBMISSIONS ONLY. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To be considered via email, you must submit to [email protected] with “YOUR NAME: PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR” in the subject line, and please include your resume and salary requirements.
Starlight is an award-wining 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a top four-star rating by Charity Navigator for its excellent fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Starlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community.