VR/AR Programs Manager
Launching in early-2018, Starlight’s highly anticipated VR program is a groundbreaking program that will entertain, educate and inspire the imaginations of hospitalized kids at hundreds of hospitals and health facilities across the US through immersive and augmented experiences aimed at transporting children from the hospital to anyplace in the world – or beyond – through the magic of virtual augmented reality.
The VR/AR Programs Manager will play a key role in co-leading the development of a ground-breaking, general use, VR/AR program aimed at putting this emerging technology into the hands of healthcare providers and pediatric patients across the US and around the world. In this role, he/she will, 1.) report directly to our new Vice President of Programs while working closely with our Senior Vice President of Partnerships, 2.) manage the day-to-day operations of the program, 3.) work closely with Starlight’s technology partners to define and prioritize product requirements, 4.) help to curate and deliver age-appropriate content for use across Starlight’s partner network and 5.) coordinate resources from other groups and guide the team through key milestones.
The VR/AR Programs Manager will also be responsible for identifying, tracking, and reporting key performance indicators, successful program/product deployment, ongoing device management, and providing support and training to Starlight hospital partners and their program teams.
The ideal candidate is a highly-organized and collaborative individual who is literate in, and passionate about, VR/AR and UX, and who has professional experience building and/or managing complex, user-friendly hardware and software products in the enterprise space.
- Co-design, manage, and execute on the vision for Starlight VR hardware products and supporting software services.
- Work with third party partners (OEM, CM) to accelerate and deliver programs, coordinate development, clear roadblocks, and meet shipping/deployment goals.
- Collect, identify, and prioritize immediate and/or upcoming user needs and functional limitations, then work with the team to develop product plans that address them.
- Gather product requirements, prioritize features, and document specifications and plans for development.
- Collaborate with the team to clarify and prioritize features and asks for products. Track and review the product direction and current work iteratively and frequently using accessible tools and dashboards.
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams, both internal and external, to ensure teams are properly tooled, understand priorities, and work efficiently and effectively.
- Help guide the go-to-market and maintenance plans through product launch and beyond.
- Ensure telemetry is gathered and reported continuously for product quality, feature usage, development efficiency, and sustained reliability.
- Field and solve technical questions and issues related to planning, specification, development, deployment, and support of the product.
- Review code and content submissions for VR/AR products and services.
- 4+ years product management experience with 2+ years of experience successfully managing the development and production of hardware and software products.
- Education and/or background in software/hardware engineering.
- Experience managing delivery of consumer hardware products.
- Highly detail-oriented with honed organizational and communication skills.
- Proven track record of success working collaboratively with colleagues and partners at a variety of levels.
- Ability to drive progress and solve technical and experiential issues to achieve timely success.
- Must be able to multi-task, problem solve and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Must be able to consistently meet deadlines
- Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
- Highly skilled in project management
- Experience in core development, coding, and debugging
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ONLINE OR EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ONLY. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To be considered, you must submit through the form below or apply via email to [email protected] with “YOUR NAME: VR/AR PROGRAMS MANAGER” in the subject line, and please include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Starlight is an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a top four-star rating by Charity Navigator for its excellent fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Starlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community.