Starlight Xperience Program Manager
Starlight Children’s Foundation creates moments of joy and comfort for hospitalized children and their families. For 35 years, Starlight’s groundbreaking programs have positively impacted more than 60 million critically, chronically and terminally ill and hospitalized children in the US, Canada, Australia and the UK. This is a period of exciting growth for Starlight and we’re looking for smart, driven, passionate professionals that will help advance our mission.
In addition to Starlight’s other core programming, we are excited to announce our newest program: Starlight Xperience. This new program will entertain, educate and inspire the imaginations of hospitalized kids across the US through immersive experiences that will transport children from the hospital to anyplace in the world – or beyond – through the magic of virtual reality. Formally launching this fall, Starlight anticipates rapid growth and upwards of 2,000 Starlight Xperience kits to be in use by the end of 2019.
The Starlight Xperience Program Manager is responsible for the ongoing planning, development, implementation, distribution and day-to-day management of our newest program: Starlight Xperience. This person will be both a program and subject matter expert and serve as a critical resource to colleagues inside Starlight as well as to a diverse range of healthcare staff at our network of more than 800 hospital partners nationwide as they start utilizing our Starlight Xperience in a clinical setting with pediatric patients. Additionally, this position will have a keen focus on developing resources, building relationships with our world-class partners integral to our program’s success. This position will ensure that the Starlight Xperience program continues to grow, evolve, and meet user needs so that it remains compelling, relevant and a best-in-class program in the ever-changing landscape of consumer technology.
The job duties of the Xperience Program Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ongoing planning, development, implementation, distribution and day-to-day management of Starlight Xperience
- Manage all devices, headsets, software, licenses, and content through 3rd party management software
- Continue to develop and maintain the Starlight custom launcher on the Daydream platform
- Nurture and build relationships with Xperience kit component vendors while exploring new possible vendors to ensure the program continues to meet the evolving needs of VR in a pediatric healthcare setting
- Order and maintain inventory of each Xperience kit component
- Process and oversee all device orders with our warehouse to ensure deliveries to hospitals are timely and efficient
- Create and maintain accurate program placement records and provide necessary reports to various departments to best demonstrate programmatic reach and impact
- Provide proactive training as well as highly responsive ongoing technical support to our hospital partners, including training manual updates and day to day operational support
- Work with Programs team and Starlight Leadership to fine tune the program development and scale-up strategy
- Produce regular telemetry and metrics to measure the stability, impact, and success of the program in order to inform tactical and strategic management decisions
- Strong commitment to Starlight’s mission to bring joy and comfort to hospitalized children and families
- Passion for state-of-the-art technology, especially emerging technologies such as AR and VR, and it’s creative uses and applications in a pediatric healthcare setting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher plus five+ years of experience working with engineering teams and managing projects with a large number of technical dependencies
- Experience understanding and communicating technical data to experts and non-experts
- Computer proficient: knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with various CRM systems, ability to maintain database organization
- Organizational focus: displays an outstanding work ethic and motivation, and brings a results-oriented, innovative style and attitude, while remaining focused on excellent project management fundamentals
- Maintains flexibility: brings careful thought and attention to time-sensitive needs, prioritizes projects and communications with team members regularly and accurately and can transition quickly when needs and priorities are subject to revision
- Adept communication: demonstrates the ability to leverage resources and make expert use of verbal and written communication coupled with strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Direct Experience writing and negotiating engineering specifications and driving multiple technical teams to success on-time and on-budget
- 3-5 years working in a non-profit environment
- 1-2 years of direct work with VR / AR technologies
- Proficient presentation skills
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ONLINE OR EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ONLY. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To be considered, you must submit through the form below or apply via email to [email protected] with “YOUR NAME: XPERIENCE PROGRAM MANAGER” in the subject line, and please include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Starlight is an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a top four-star rating by Charity Navigator for its excellent fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Starlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community.