Enter the Starlight Gown #BrighterDaysContest with Days Inn!
Days Inn is partnering with Starlight Children’s Foundation to deliver happiness and bring brighter days to seriously ill children in communities across the US — and Days Inn guests can help.
We invite you to show off your artistic skills with the Starlight Gown #BrighterDaysContest.
What are Starlight Gowns? Being a sick kid stuck in the hospital is difficult. Having to wear an old, uncomfortable hospital gown makes it even worse. Starlight Gowns help kids feel like superstars by replacing unattractive, uncomfortable, and embarrassing hospital garments with high-quality, comfortable, and brightly colored gowns that kids love to wear. Starlight Gowns transform children into astronauts, doctors, cowboys, and other characters so they can have fun and enjoy being kids.
Together, we can deliver happiness to hospitalized kids. Bring out your inner Pollock or Picasso and download the design template, create your Starlight Gown design, and submit it here or on Facebook and Instagram (with the #brighterdayscontest) for your chance to win. Your Starlight Gown could be chosen to brighten the day for a seriously ill child!
Voting for the finalists will be open from August 19-23, 2019.
Donate a Starlight Gown for $25 and deliver happiness to a hospitalized child.
Starlight delivers happiness to seriously ill kids and their families.
Starlight Children’s Foundation + Days Inn BRIGHTER DAYS STARLIGHT GOWN Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES WILL VOID AN ENTRY. THE CONTEST IS VOID OUTSIDE OF THE U.S. AND WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK, INC. OR INSTAGRAM, INC.
KIDS, YOU MUST GET YOUR PARENT’S OR LEGAL GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION BEFORE ENTERING. MUST BE AGE 5 OR OLDER TO ENTER. YOU DON’T HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING TO ENTER OR WIN. MANY WILL ENTER, ONLY ONE WILL WIN.
ENTERING AND/OR PARTICIPATING CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
Overview. Wyndham Hotel Group, LLC and Days Inns Worldwide, Inc., on behalf of their brand, Days Inn by Wyndham (collectively, “Days Inn”) and The Starlight Children’s Foundation want YOU to design a limited edition hospital gown. The Starlight Children’s Foundation + Days Inn Brighter Days Starlight Gown Contest (the “Contest”) offers a winner the opportunity for his or her design to be featured on limited edition hospital gowns. See details below.
- Eligibility. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia ages 5 and over. Any participant who has not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides will need his/her parent/legal guardian to enter on his/her behalf, and if chosen as the winner, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. Sponsor has the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant (each eligible entrant, an “Entrant” or “You,” or “Your,” together “Entrants.”) The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void outside of the U.S. and where prohibited by law.
- Sponsors. Starlight Children’s Foundation – 400 Corporate Pointe, Suite 590, Culver City, CA 90230 (“Starlight”) and Wyndham Hotel Group, LLC and Days Inns Worldwide, Inc. – 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054 (“Days Inn”)
- Agreement to Official Rules. By entering the Contest, You fully and unconditionally agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding.
- Entry Period. The Contest begins on June 21, 2019 at 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on July 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST (the “Entry Period”). Entries received prior to or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
a. Entry via Microsite
To enter online, visit (http://www.starlight.org/daysinn/) (the “Microsite”) to download the hospital gown template. After You design a hospital gown reflecting your interpretation of the Contest theme, visit the Microsite to submit your design and complete the entry form by providing all required information (each design upload, a “Microsite Contest Entry” or an “Entry”). Each unique Microsite Contest Entry will result in one (1) contest entry; duplicate or repeat Microsite Contest Entries (excluding repeat/duplicate information contained in the entry form) will be disqualified. There is no limitation on how many unique Microsite Contest Entries you may submit.
b. Entry via Facebook:
Entrants must have a Facebook account in order to submit an entry via Facebook (a “Facebook Contest Entry” or an “Entry”). If a prospective Entrant is not already a member of Facebook, he/she may visit www.facebook.com and follow the links and instructions to become a Facebook member. Once the eligible Entrant has become an active Facebook member, he or she may enter the Contest by visiting the Days Inn Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/daysinn, and commenting on the designated Days Inn Contest post (which will carry the hashtag: #BrighterDaysContest. Your comment must: (i) include your Starlight + Days Inn hospital gown design reflecting your interpretation of the Contest theme; (ii) use the hashtag #BrighterDaysContest; and (iii) tag both Starlight Children’s Foundation and Days Inn (each such comment, a “Facebook Contest Post”). Each eligible comment (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) that is tagged with Days Inn and Starlight Children’s Foundation and carries the #BrighterDaysContest hashtag will result in one (1) Contest entry. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per Facebook Contest Post, but no limit to the number of unique Facebook Contest Posts any one Entrant can post (i.e., each unique Facebook Contest Post from a single Entrant will result in an Entry into the Contest for such Entrant, but a duplicated Facebook Content Post from an Entrant will not result in an additional entry for such Entrant and will instead be disqualified). All Facebook Content Posts must be set to “public” and visible to Sponsor. Anyone found to be using multiple email addresses/Facebook accounts will be disqualified. Anyone posting comments or photos deemed inappropriate by the Sponsor (in its sole discretion) will have their comments / photos deleted and be disqualified.
c. Entry via Instagram:
Entrants must have an Instagram account in order to enter via Instagram (an “Instagram Contest Entry” or an “Entry”). If a prospective Entrant is not already a member of Instagram, he/she may visit www.instagram.com and follow the links and instructions to become an Instagram member. Once the eligible Entrant has become an active Instagram member, he or she may enter the Contest by visiting the Days Inn Instagram page at (https://www.instagram.com/daysinn) and responding to the Days Inn Contest post (which will carry the hashtag: #BrighterDaysContest) by posting on Entrant’s own Instagram feed with a video or still photograph post illustrating Entrant’s own Brighter Days Starlight Gown Design reflecting your interpretation of the Contest theme, tagging @StarlightChildrensFoundation and @DaysInn and using the #BrighterDaysContest hashtag (each, an “Instagram Contest Post”). Each theme-applicable post (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) from an Entrant will result in one (1) Contest entry. There is a limit of one (1) entry per Instagram Contest Post, but no limit to the number of unique Instagram Contest Posts any one Entrant can post (i.e., each unique Instagram Contest Post from a single Entrant will result in an entry into the Contest for such Entrant, but a duplicated Instagram Contest Post from an Entrant will not result in an additional entry for such Entrant). Anyone found to be using multiple email addresses/Instagram accounts will be disqualified. Anyone posting comments or photos deemed inappropriate by the Sponsor will have their comments / photos deleted and be disqualified.
6. Additional Requirements for Entries. Entries must be your own original work and must not: (a) contain any content that is not your own or for which you have not obtained appropriate and necessary rights (including, for example, content that contains another person’s or entity’s trademark or content that was created by or is otherwise copyrighted by another person or entity); (b) contain any content that could be considered deceptive, misleading, false, fraudulent, scandalous, indecent, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, hateful, degrading, intimidating, violent, or otherwise unlawful, tortious, or objectionable; (c) depict, encourage, promote, or induce conduct that could violate any law or give rise to criminal or civil liability or that could be considered risky or otherwise inappropriate; (d) contain any personal information about any individual other than you; (e) depict any individual other than you; (f) contain any confidential information; or (g) contain any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, Easter Egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any website, hardware, software, or network. Entries must not have been entered into any other contest or promotion or otherwise published. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to refuse to accept any Entry or to disqualify and/or remove any Entry for any reason.
7. Submissions and Unsolicited Ideas Policies. Sponsor is unable to accept or consider unsolicited creative ideas, suggestions or materials. In connection with anything you submit to Sponsor—whether or not solicited by Sponsor—you agree that creative ideas, suggestions or other materials you submit are not being made in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and Sponsor in any way, and that you have no expectation of review, compensation or consideration of any type.
8. Selection of Finalists; Public Voting for Winner. On or about August 1, 2019, a panel of judges selected by Days Inn will select up to five (5) finalist designs (each, a “Finalist” and collectively, the “Finalists”) from among all eligible entries based on the following equally weighted criteria: (a) creativity, (b) appropriateness of gown design, and (c) public appeal of design (the “Winner Selection Criteria”). The Finalists will be announced and posted on the Microsite on or about August 19, 2019 and subjected to public voting. Public voting begins at 12:01 AM PST on August 19, 2019 and ends at 11:59 PST on August 23, 2019 (the “Voting Period”)
During the Voting Period, members of the public will be invited to sign up and vote for the Finalist that best meets the Winner Selection Criteria described above via the Microsite. Limit: one (1) vote per person or email address per day during the Voting Period. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any vote for any reason, including but not limited to fraud or suspected fraud.
9. Winner; Prize: The winner will be the Finalist that receives the most votes during the public voting period. In the event of a tie, the Finalist that received the highest judges’ score, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be selected as the potential winner.
The winning design has the opportunity to be adapted and used to create a 2019 Days Inn custom Starlight Gown. Days Inn reserves the right to decide the final design of any gowns and whether the winning design is of sufficient quality to be featured on a gown. The confirmed winner will also receive 45,000 Wyndham Rewards points. Approximate retail value of prize: $585.00.
10. Requirements for Potential Winners. Before receiving the prize, potential winners (or their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if potential winner(s) are under 18 years of age) must be Wyndham Rewards members, as the prize will be awarded in the form of Wyndham Rewards points. Wyndham Rewards is free to join and open to individuals 18 years or older. The prize winner’s points will be deposited in his or her (or his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s) Wyndham Rewards account within 4-6 weeks of winner verification. Wyndham Rewards points are subject to terms and conditions, which are available at https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards/terms
Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of the prize winner. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion; no cash equivalent will be offered for the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. Except where prohibited, Entrant who is selected as potential winner must complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within three (3) days of being notified. If a potential winner is a minor, then his or her parent or legal guardian must sign the Affidavit/Release on the minor’s behalf. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) days of the first attempt to contact him or her, fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, if notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the applicable Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that a potential winner is ineligible, then the next-highest scoring Entry will be selected as a potential winner.
11. License to Rights in Entries; No Obligation. By entering the Contest, you grant to Starlight and Days Inn each a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sublicensable (through multiple tiers) and transferable license, without additional consideration to you or third parties, to: (a) reproduce, distribute, perform, and display (publicly or otherwise), adapt, modify, edit, translate, make available to the public, make, sell, offer to sell, import, and otherwise use and exploit (and have others exercise such rights on behalf of Sponsor and Days Inn, through multiple tiers) your entry in any format or media now known or hereafter developed; (b) create derivative works from and incorporate your entry into other works or into Starlight’s, Days Inn’s, or their designees’ products or services; (c) use your entry for Starlight’s and Days Inn’s advertising and promotional purposes; and (d) use your name, entry, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, statements, and biographical information for Starlight’s and Days Inn’s advertising and promotional purposes, whether or not in connection with your entry, in each case for the purpose of administering and promoting the Contest, any future promotions and/or Starlight or Days Inn, except to the extent prohibited by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) to verify at any time that all necessary rights, clearances, consents, releases and other permissions in or relating to your entry have been validly obtained, and you agree to fully cooperate with Sponsor in any such verification inquiries. Neither Starlight nor Days Inn is under any obligation to use any hospital gown design or to cause any hospital gown to be produced, displayed, distributed, marketed, or in any other way exploited.
12. Release and Limitation of Liability. By participating in the Contest, you agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Starlight and Days Inn, each such organization’s or company’s respective parent and related companies, and each such organization’s or company’s respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, your participation in the Contest, creation of your entry/entries, or Starlight’s or Days Inn’s use of your entry/entries, including, but not limited to: (a) claims that your entry/entries violates any intellectual property, publicity, or other rights; (b) claims arising from any use or other exploitation of, or failure to use or exploit, your entry/entries; (c) claims arising from any breach or alleged breach by you of these Official Rules; (d) claims arising from unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (e) claims arising from technical or printing errors; (f) claims arising from lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail or email; (g) claims arising from errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (h) claims arising from injury, death, or damage to persons or property; or (i) claims based on defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, or on the rights of publicity or privacy. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the actual out-of-pocket costs associated with participating in the Contest, which shall not exceed $25, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL ENTRANTS. For New Jersey residents, the limitations set forth above are inapplicable where attorneys’ fees, court costs, or other damages are mandated by statute.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
13. Disputes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, by entering the Contest, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court located in Los Angeles, California. All issues and questions concerning these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or Sponsor’s rights and obligations shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
14. General Conditions. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend, modify, and/or cancel the Contest and, if feasible, select a potential winner from among eligible, salvageable, and non-suspect entries received on or before the termination date. Inclusion in such selection process shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized holder of the email or other account used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Contest. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
16. Official Rules; Winner’s Name. For a copy of these Official Rules, visit the Microsite. For the winner’s name, available on or around August 28, 2019, visit the Microsite.