Starlight is headquartered in Los Angeles, only a 20 minute drive from the world-famous Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Our stars are the heroes we work with every single day. They are the courageous Starlight kids, the hardworking hospital staff, and the generous donors who help deliver happiness to seriously ill children and their families.
When Starlight staff and visitors come into our office, the Walk of Stars is a quick reminder of why we do what we do.
- Starlight kid Avery is a superstar battling a rare heart disease called Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia (HoFH). She is a talented dancer and excels in school.
- Starlight kid Everly is a superstar born with multiple heart defects. She is a thriving toddler who loves her big brother, Jack, more than anything.
- Starlight kid Finn is a superstar born with multiple heart defects. He defies all odds, inspires many, and is best buds with his big brother, Mason.
- Starlight kid Kyrell is a superstar battling leukemia. He’s a fun-loving kid who loves playing soccer and video games and hanging out with his brothers.
And for the unsung hospital heroes, we love highlighting rockstar child life specialists who use Starlight programs to deliver happiness every day.
- Maria Elena Tome, Certified Child Life Specialist, LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Edith Alvarez, Certified Child Life Specialist, White Memorial Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Alyssa Luksa, Director, Child Life and Expressive Therapies, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, TX
- Peyton Katz, Certified Child Life Specialist, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Jennifer Ibarra, Program Manager, Child Life, University Children’s Health, San Antonio, TX